Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Family Dinners

It was my Dad's birthday this week and so the family all went out for dinner.

There was me, and my two nieces.

Jenara, who's 5, showing me how her skirt twirls.

Yilani, who's 2, showing me exactly how cute she really is.

Currently Yilani is going through a 'shy' phase. She pretends to be shy when she first sees you and pokes out her bottom lip until you tickle her sufficiently to get this grin! She's a little pixie who spent the evening singing "I like noodles" quietly to herself.

Dad and I, were both given parsley seeds for our birthdays, and this is a display of Father/Daughter synchronised sniffing. We're hoping to turn pro in a couple of years time ;-)

Jenara, Me, Dad and my sister (Jenara and Yilani's Mum) Karyn.

The other people present were my other sister Ruth, and her partner Adam, Jenara and Yilani's dad, Adam and my brother Alex and his partner Ta. Quite a gathering at the Vietnamese restaurant in Griffith where all the polly's go to hobnob and eat when parliament is sitting.

I was gifted a biscuit extruder. Jenara looked at it with wide eyes before proclaiming that I would HAVE to come to her place and cook biscuits with her. Not a bad idea really. Stay tuned for tales of biscuit extruding with a 5 year old. I'll have to leave my fear of cleaning up big messes at home I think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heya Fred,

Happy quarter of a century for last month. Sorry I forgot. :-p last month was nutz for me. Just finished the whole house buying process. That's right, I'm now Nick Pass Esquire. Anyways, good luck with it all. I'll let ya know if I hear more about the Telopea Reunion, haven't heard anything new yet.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»